If you’ve been asking the following questions, you’re in the right place:
- Is it really possible to beat the “dad bod” and have a lean, strong, athletic body with a family and all the other stuff I have going on?
- How many days per week should I lift weights and do cardio to build muscle, gain strength, and lose fat?
- What changes should I make, if any, to how I workout now that I’m over 30 and have a family (and all the stress that goes with it)?
- How can I stay more motivated to work out and eat healthy?
- Should I be eating six small meals per day, try Keto/Paleo/Low Carb, or just eat “clean”?
- How can I manage the stress of family and work and health… and still find time and energy to work on my health and fitness?
- And finally: How can I build a strong, lean, healthy body that lets me live life to the fullest and become the leader my family needs?
I’ve struggled with all of these questions over the years, and over time I found the answers. More importantly, I’ve learned how to solve those problems for others–because the answers aren’t the same for men in different situations.
The MTM Fitness Difference
Our Mission: Help men take control of their health and live with strength and Confidence.
Put simply: If you’re the kind of guy who wants to build a body you’re proud of without killing yourself in the gym, obsessing over your food, or abandoning your family, then Muscle That Matters is for you.
The motivation around here is pretty simple:
- To be strong and healthy so that you can live life on your terms.
- To never have to be that dad who has to wear a t-shirt at the pool because he's embarrassed about how he looks.
- To build enough muscle to fill out your clothes and feel strong in and out of the gym.
- To become the strong, confident leader your family needs.
The problem is we are told this can’t be done without being a slave to the gym or following some restrictive “diet.” (Sorry honey, I’d love to eat this delicious homemade meal you’ve prepared, but my supper has to be exactly 15g of fat, 32.235g of protein, and 12g of carbs.)
And if you’re not willing to do that then just accept a mediocre body, do some air squats in your living room, and start wearing dad jeans.
I reject both of those equally crappy options, and you should too.
As a man with goals, ambitions, and priorities outside of flexing in front of the mirror for 90-minutes, five days per week at the local YMCA, you need to approach health, fitness, and nutrition differently.
You shouldn’t – and don’t need to – train and eat like a 25-year old single dude who has tons of free time and extra energy to let everything revolve around his fitness routine.
The truth is this:
- You don’t need to work out more than 3 times per week.
- You don’t need to spend more than 30-45 minutes in the gym.
- Long duration cardio is a waste of time and can even cause muscle and strength loss.
- You don't need to obsessively count calories to get lean and strong. In fact, it's counterproductive.
- You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars per month on supplements.
That’s why, here at Muscle That Matters, we show real men, with real lives how to simplify and focus on what really matters to build the best body of their lives and become their strongest self.
What we do:
Give you stuff that works in the ‘real world’. Have a job, a family, and other hobbies and priorities outside of fitness? You can still build a great-looking, high-performing body. That’s what we do. (In other words: you won’t find any two-a-day workout programs or diets that require you to eat food your family would never touch around here).
Simplify your nutrition and training. Here at MTM, we’re about smart, scientifically-backed, real-world vetted plans that get fast, long-lasting results. Want to build muscle and fill out the sleeves of your t-shirt more? Be in better shape than you were in College? Be stronger and fitter than guys 10 years younger than you? We got you covered.
Get you results in less time (and effort). Fitness isn’t everything. You’ve got better things to do than spend hours and hours in the gym each week or worry about preparing six perfectly balanced meals per day. We’ll show you what to focus so you can live more and stress less.
Bottom line: Whether you’re working out in a garage gym or a fully-equipped health club, I’ll give you simple, fun, highly effective methods to get stronger, lose fat, and build muscle as efficiently as possible.
Who am I?
My name is Eric and I’m a fitness coach, writer, and teacher.
My one true passion is helping guys like you get in the best shape of their lives.
Here at Muscle That Matters, I’m dedicated to helping guys build more muscle, get leaner, and take control of their health and their body so they can live on their terms. A little over 10 years ago, I stepped into the weight room and ignited a love for fitness and training that still burns strong today.
What started out as a hobby to build a better-looking body, turned into a passion for helping other men experience the freedom that comes from taking control of your health and building a strong, capable, fit body so they can be the leader their family needs.
The mission of Muscle That Matters is to provide you with tools you can use to build a body you’re proud of and live a life of strength, health, and confidence.
We believe being the best person you can be starts with your health. When you become leaner, stronger, and more fit, every other part of your life has more potential for growth.
Fitness is like the lead domino that ignites positive changes, producing confidence that spills into other areas of life.
The good news is taking control of your health and building a body you’re proud of while juggling the demands of fatherhood is a simple process and you’ll learn how to do it right here, on Muscle That Matters. (Notice I said “simple”, not easy).
There’s a lot of garbage out there when it comes to fitness. I should know. I spent the better part of a decade sifting through it. If you’re sick of the complicated garbage and only want to learn what works, you’ve come to the right place.
Instead of scanning through countless books and magazines, or wasting time on trying the latest fitness methods by so-called “gurus” and “experts”…
Instead of wasting your time with “diets” that are miserable and unsustainable…
Instead of trying to force yourself to do unrealistic workouts that require hours in the gym at a time and leave you sore, tired, and burned out…
Sign up for the FREE 3-day course below, and I’ll show you the new rules of health and fitness so that you can start building muscle that matters TODAY…